From the Headmaster
Information we have obtained from Fovial El Salvador:
1. The Panamericana will be closed for resurfacing as follows (dates are approximate and applies to the carriageway from San Salvador to Santa Tecla):.
- From the Guadalupe Church to Multiplaza from Monday 23rd of September
- then up to El Trebol on Wednesday 2nd of October
- and then up to the Academia Britanica Cuscatleca (ABC) on Tuesday 15th of October with the work terminating in December.
2. Simultaneously, the road from La Meson de Goya to 17th Avenue in Santa Tecla will also be closed from Monday 23rd of September.
3. The carriageway from Santa Tecla towards San Salvador will be worked on from January 2014.
4. Up until Tuesday 15th of October, it should be possible to enter the Panamericana towards the ABC and the Liceo Frances (LF) along Boulevard Merliot at El Trebol, as well as the normal route of Calle El Boqueron.
Please note that this information is subject to change – we shall be informing you of any changes to the best of our ability.
How to reduce the impact of these road closures:
1. The ABC and the LF recognise that as good neighbours we need to work together and coordinate our activities in order to reduce the impact of the road closures. These are some of the measures that we are taking:
- Increasing the times between the start of our schools – in this way we reduce the impact of the traffic arriving at each of our schools.
- Seeking PNC assistance at the junction of 17 Av North and Calle El Carmen.
- Providing clear guidelines to help our communities use respectful and considerate ways of driving in order to expedite travel in a safe way.
2. Parents are asked to find alternate routes around the road closures according to the information given in the press and by our schools.
3. Keep up to date with the latest information:
Peace One Day/International Day of Peace
The rather long link below is to a document published by the IPC which is intended to be used by parents to help them to talk to their children about tolerance and mutual respect. Values about which we feel very strongly in the primary school. Please take time to have a look and discuss these ideas with your children.
Dates for your diary
Friday 27th September: 1st Fastiggi Assembly 7:20am in the PAC
Wednesday 2nd October: Pre-Kinder Curriculum Night 6:00pm in the PAC
Friday 4th October: 1st Quintanilla Assembly 7:20am in the PAC
Tuesday 8th October: Kinder Curriculum Night 6:00pm in the PAC
Thursday 10th October: Prepa Curriculum Night 6:00pm in the PAC
Friday 11th October: 1st Vásquez Assembly 7:20am in the PAC
Friday 18th October: Assembly 7:20am in the PAC
Friday 18th October: UN Day
Monday 21st - Friday 25th October: Half term break
Wednesday 30th October: 1st Grade Curriculum Night 6:00pm in the PAC
Friday 8th November: 1st Aguirre Assembly 7:20am in the PAC
Friday 30th September - Friday 11th October: UP teachers meet all UP parents
We have been celebrating Peace One Day in school today but the International Day of Peace is tomorrow and we hope you will discuss it with your son or daughter. It is supposed to be a day when all over the world people seek reconciliation and an end to violence. In school we always use it as a focus for thinking about peace in our community and that includes an absence of all forms of violence including all forms of unkind behaviour. Please join with people all around the world tomorrow.
We would like to remind parents to be aware of videos students have saved on their laptops or they own on a DVD. Many films are rated 15 or 18 and if so there will be a reason and they are not suitable for viewing by younger students. We are also concerned that some students are playing video games which are rated above their age and we would ask you to check.
Last weekend we had an unfortunate incident where some of our students were injured in a quadbike accident. Thankfully all are making a good recovery but I want to use the incident to remind all of us of the prime importance of thinking about safety in any activity we do. I know this incident was very unlucky and it genuinely was an accident without blame but we must all take heed of such incidents to remind ourselves of the need to be be aware of the potential risks and to ensure our safety in all we do.
Please note we have very important Know Your School Meetings starting the week after NEXT week and we are hoping for 100% attendance.
Secondary dates for your diary
Tuesday 1st October: Grade 6 Know Your School & Parent Teacher Meeting 5.30 pm PAC
Thursday 3rd October: Grade 7/8 Know Your School & Parent Teacher Meeting 5.30 pm PAC
Monday 7th October: Grade 11/12 Know Your School & Parent Teacher Meeting 5.30 pm PAC
Wed 9th October: Grade 9/10 Know Your School & Parent Teacher Meeting 5.30 pm PAC